Pages

Thursday 1 September 2016

Past Tense Revision.

Past Tense Revision.

1. By the time we got to the theatre, the play had already started.
2. Last night I dreamt about going to the Moon.
3. When Ginny saw me yesterday, I was crossing the street.
4. My dad had been painting the living room for two hours before my brother came to help him.
5. Nora lying in a hammock while Phil was weeding the garden.
6. Before the Smiths brought their new house, they
Had been looking for a suitable one for a year.
7. Laura sent us a postcard from her holiday in Italy.
8. As Claire was dusting the furniture, she broke her mum’s vase.
9. My sister had never been to the circus before last week.
10. Pam and I were studying for the history exam when the lights went off.
11. The alarm clock didn’t ring yesterday morning and I was late for work.
12. Mr. Roberts had been working in the company for six years before it went bankrupt.
13. You were sleeping when I returned last night.
14. When did they visit you last time?
15. Yesterday at this time, Karen was writing a letter of application to the manager of L’OrĂ©al.
16. I wasn’t paying attention to the teacher and my friends weren't paying attention, either.
17. When we went out for a walk last Sunday morning, the sun was shining and it was quite warm.
18. We had never seen the Pyramids before our trip to Egypt in 2005.
19. Did Simon and Alice get married last summer?
20. They had been waiting for more than an hour before Lady Gaga appeared on the stage.
21. Michael and Robert were rollerblading in the backyard when Sally phoned.
22. I met Harry at Brenda’s birthday party last month.
23. Where did you spend your last winter holidays?
24. My cousin and I were sitting at a park bench when we heard a thunder.
25. By six o’clock Ted had packed all his staff in his backpack.

26. I had been sunbathing for two hours before it started to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment