Pages

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Indigenous Game - Mutorere

Today we learnt how to play an indigenous game of New Zealand called Mutorere. It is a brain game that makes you strategise and use logic to outwit your opponent. Before we started playing we watched a couple of videos to show us how to play. After that me and my buddy Karina started practicing the game. A few moments later  Miss Kyla started to throw a competition. The players that participated in the competition were Mahara and Kanye, Kalo and Lizzy, Huriata and Paris, Taylor and Perenara, Karina and Angel, and me and Tatum. When we finished the other round we carried on until there were two people left which was me and Kanye.After that me and Kanye went head to head and it was really fast. The winner out of me and Kanye was him. I was really pumped into playing this game until I lost to Kanye.

The things you will need:
- 2 different colored blocks (4 of each colour)
- 1 Mutorere game board
- 2 people/oppinit

How to play:
So the point of the game is that you got to try and block the other player from moving.

The rules are:
- You can't jump over the other person's block
- and if you can't move anymore you gotta restart the whole game.

Image result for mutorere

Here is the Mutorere video for you to watch and also learn how to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment